Thursday, January 29, 2009

Project Wall --> Do Your Part!




I've come to realize while I’m here that not only am I gaining an experience of a life time and a new family, but also friends from around the world. This reminds me, though, of all of the friends and family I already have all around the world. It’s something I’ve become very thankful for especially because of the traveler I have become.

What is Project “Wall”?
Excellent question. Project “Wall” is my attempt to gather a postcard from every person I know (friend or family) of their home town or area they are from. It is quite ambition, but I’m ready for the challenge.

Why a postcard? Can’t I just send a letter or something?
Well, anyone who knows me very well knows that I collect postcards. This is just one of the reasons. There are many. A postcard is meant to give a general overview of the city or area. Cards are usually for special occasions. And no, you can’t just send a letter. You may, however send one in addition to a postcard :D

Why “Wall”?
I have only one completely perpendicular wall in my room. It is behind my desk. I’ve started to put up a few pictures I brought with me and the few postcards I’ve gotten along with Christmas cards. I didn’t think about filling up the wall until the Christmas cards started to roll in. That’s when I decided to put more meaning behind the wall. I want to be able to really see the world if only through pieces of paper. I know now that I have tons of family and friends from all over the world.

So, to where must I send this postcard?
My address of course :D From the time you receive this until the 30th of June, Denmark will be my home. From that date onward, I will be back state side.

Denmark Address:
Hesselkær 5
7100 Vejle
Danmark

What is on the Wall now





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice project wall

I think one of your postcard was from me.
:D

now i also have a lot of things on my wall. but all of them are the thing that i have to do.
=="