Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New America

My body tingles as words of reasurance tripple from the mouth of America's future. Nothing short of the end of the world could have moved me from in front of the telly on 20. jan 2009 at 1700 hours. It was, and still is, history.

High hopes were made for the inaguration of the 44th president of the United States of America, and boy were they met. Having witnessed this event from afar makes it no less important, but if anything all the more special. I believe that we can expect great things from President Barak Obama.

This was, though not in the literal sense, my first presidental election. The beginning of both the Clinton and Bush Administrations are but distant and unimportant memories from my early childhood. This; however, is a memory not soon to be forgotten. It is a historic moment for my Western nation. People said it would never happen, I admit myself to being one of thoes cynics, but it has happened - America is now led by an African American.

Obama will be faced with the daunting task of piecing together again our crubbling nation. We have more problems now than we have had in a long time. Our health care system has failed, our education system has gone down the drains and out to sea, our economy is in crisis, and our country at war. There is no time for Obama to dilly-dally in the White House. We need to restore the world's image of America and right the wrong that the previous administation has done. We need to fix our homeland problems and prepare ourselves for a prosperous future. The man for the job now sits in the Oval Office. God bless President Barak Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here, Here!
I stayed home and watched the Inauguration. Fascinating! I have high hopes for this new administration and I think President Obama can pull this country around. Jen, I hope you come home to some good changes!
love, Donna