Friday, January 9, 2009

Tivoli

Tivoli, one of the oldest theme parks in Europe, is snuggly nestled in the heart of Denmark's Capital, København. Nothing can prepare a foreigner (esp. from America) for something as delicate as this. Tivoli isn't big nor technologically updated, but it offers a little piece of Danmark for everyone. To one side of this plot is the central station, København H, and the city hall along with the entrance to the largest walking street to the other.

Tivoli is most known for it's gardens rather than its rides. I had the joy of seeing Tivoli during the holiday season. Lights were strung everywhere. During the daylight, touches of Christmas could be seen here and there, but at night Tivoli comes a live. Nothing I have every seen compares to it.

Though this picture isn't very clear, I'm sure you get the picture. It is incredibly hard to take pictures at night of lights while it is windy. In America, when a person goes to an amuesment park or theme park they usually pay a fixed price and can ride the rides and see what they want unlimited. Tivoli isn't this. Many family have a tradition of coming to Tivoli, not for the rides, but for the gardens, which are suppose to be something magical during the spring. Each ride in Tivoli takes a certain number of tickets, either one, two, or three. The best way to go should one decide to go for the rides, is just to buy a day ride pass. This is what Saai, the girl I went with, and I did.

Tivoli is something everyone should experience when they come to Denmark. If not the rides, than definitely the gardens. It will be the best 85 kr. you'll ever spend! (The Trojan Reindeer! It was a giant wooden reindeer on wheels. Very fun I thought)

AN: For thoes of you who thought maybe I've recieved my camera by now are sadly mistaken. It has yet to be sent... For thoes are just as frustrated as I am, will be happy to know that I am completely giving up. Maybe not giving, but I'm certainly breaking down and buying one out in town. So here's to no money for the month and greater debt!

No comments: