Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mini-Stay

AFS Denmark provides students with the opprotunity to see a glimpse into the lives of a different family and community in the early months of the new year. My mini-stay took place just last week in a small city called Haslev on the Sjælland island, a mere hour south of Copenhagen. For the week I attended school and went to work for one day along with attended a trip to Copenhagen with AFS.

The highlight of the stay, was by far the trip to Copenhagen. We arrived mid-morning to begin with a tour of the government building, followed by a 2 hour break for sustinance and shopping around the longest walking street in Europe. Once our break finished we walked circles up the Round Tower and concluded our fantastic day with ice skating.

I am pleased to say that while I was away my camera did arrive! I have few to no pictures from my stay so I will return soon to provide you with thoes.

The mini-stay was fun to say the least, but I'm more than happy to have returned home. The intentions of this stay is to let you observe a new way of doing things, but, to give my opinion, it was more to make us appreciate our own family and life.

No comments: