Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Snow

It has finally really snowed. Well, not really really snowed, but enough to cause ground cover. There is something so surreal about snow. The way it falls is magical. Flakes float flamboutantly downward in a manner both similar and differnt from rain. Within our enclosures we are almost sure we can hear it, but it is the silence that is deafening. Snow blankets every nook and cranny in a silent world frozen in a happy dirge.

Many complain of the annoyance this white fluff has to offer, but I think it only offers a natural wonder to the world - another variable to the equation.

It is early in the season, so I have been told. February is the white month while January only offers it's captured a prelude. As of today all that has fallen in the past two days has melted away causing a slushie ice to cover the walk ways - a hazard to all. Happily I report an abundance of shinning suns and stainless celectrial spheres.

AN: Hopefully within the next week or two I will have my own camera to take tons of pictures to make up for the past boring, pictorial lacking months with which you and I have been made to endure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: