Sunday, July 6, 2008

Where in the world is Jennifer Moore?

For all anyone knows I've dropped off the very ends of our planet and have probably already been sucked in by a black hole. I am here to assure you that I am very much alive and living fat, dumb, and happy in the retirement state of Florida. Maintaining a blog page is much more difficult than a person could know (that is, unless of course, you have one). So much time and effort gets put into the entries for the readers. So much as been happening that words seem a very poor way to convey them. This is where I should say pictures come into play, but I really don't have many pictures to show you. Okay... I don't have any pictures to show you.

For now I am visiting my Aunt Lisa in Orlando, FL. She recently purchased a beautiful condo that any guest could very easily mistake for a house. I pride myself is saying I am the first official guest to check in, but we won't dwell on my bragging rights. The condo has been tastefully decorated throughout its three bedrooms and two baths. Now matter how spectacularly decorated the interior may be, it is the exterior that is to die for. As most may know since the beginning of time our (well, my) dear Aunt Lisa as rented apartments. If there is an apartment complex in the vicinity of her work chances are she has called it home. Most apartments come with amenities such as common areas, laundry mats, a communal swimming hole, and a gym. I am here to tell you that here any guest has access to a personal pool and a fabulous jacuzzi tub in the guest bathroom. As for the common area the living room is a great space to sit in front of the boob-tub for an hour or you can curl up in a chair by the fireplace. Sure there are some electrical issues and the occasional kitty toy lying around, but it is just freshly inhabited after a brief dry spell. Any guest would be lucky to book a room here. Not only are you free to make yourself at home, but your favorite pop will be stocked in the fridge and all your meals will be cooked perfectly for you. Enought about the home - how about what I've been doing? Now that your all excited about hearing about me I'm going to tell you that I really haven't been doing too much. Aunt Lisa and I decided and a nice time indulging at home was in order. So far we have done some small shopping, cooked some fabulous oriental dishes (I can now make crab ragoons!), and have taken total advantage of the personal pool that we don't have to share.

After a week of stay at Aunt Lisa's condo, I will make my way about an hour south of here to a very small and remote town called Dade City. Here I will book residence with Papa Fred and Debbie. The first thing to be said about Dade City is the location. I'm in love with it. It has that kinda small town feeling by not. It even has a Winn Dixie (hey... I haven't seen one of thoes in ages)! I love the trees and the river and just the access to the great outdoors that it provides. There is nothing like waking up in a house way up in the trees. A few years back their dream was realised when they embarked on the building of their dream home. I am pleased to say that Papa Fred and Debbie are NOT leaving their plot of land and beautiful home anytime soon. Standing three stories tall this house in a fabulous walk in the woods. Complete with two bedrooms, two baths, a giant personal office, four outdoor decks, a kitchen any chef would be proud to cook in, and a fireplace that scales two stories, this home away from home is a great way to enjoy a Florida summer. Never will you be bored for it has to offer any resident or guest alike a pool table, dart board, jacuzzi, outdoor dinning for a hundred (okay, maybe not that many), and an amazing view of the nature. You can even go kayaking along the river conveniently located ajacent to the home. What exactly I will be doing here I don't know because, as I type but not necessarily as you read, I am sitting on the computer in Orlando, FL.

After my tree top stay in Dade City I'm going to assume that my journey will wind me a little further south to the St. Petersburg/Tampa area. The POA kind of stops after a week. I will be arriving home (which is going to be Chattanooga, TN) on the 23rd of this month. From there I will be chillin' with gramps for a few days until I embark on the adventure of a life time.

Oh, did I mention that I got my SAT scores back?? Probably not so here they are: Critical Reading 560 , Math 530 , and Writing 610 (a 10 on my essay)! That, for you mathematically challenged people (yes, dad, I'm looking, no, starring, at you) is a grand total of 1700. Not too bad for my first try as a sophomore.

No comments: