Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Questions

This is just a brief update to let the whole world know that I am alive and well, living in Denmark. Since my last update I have been bunking with students from all over the United States and from all over the world. There was a gateway camp for two days in New York and after flying on an extremely long flight from Newark to Copenhagen there was an arival orientation for about 3 days.

HOW IS DENMARK?
So far I love Denmark. Even though the country is flat and many people have assured me that Danes or coconuts, I really love it here. The views are great and the cities are fabulous. When I first got here AFS DK did a trip to Copenhagen and it was beautiful. The public transportation is wonderful and people really do ride their bikes. In fact in the larger cities there are special lanes just for bikes.

HAVE YOU MET YOUR FAMILY?
Yes, I have met my family. They are great and I really like the village, Rugsted, even though it is very small and in the middle of no where.

WHAT ARE THEY (THE FAMILY) LIKE?
Such a hard question to answer because I've only known them for a day and a half so far. We are all adjusting to each other so once things settle down I'll be able to better articulate what they are like. Christoffer and Casper are just like any boys; playful and antaganizing towards each other. Camilla is playful and can be very talkative. None of the children speak english so right now I'm just the observer. Heidi is very helpful and Morgens is good. For now that's all I can tell, but in reality I could probably have already told you that.

Any more questions so far, just comment and I will answer eventually. As far as contacting goes, I'll get back to y'all on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
None of the kids speak English?! I guess you had better learn some Danish quick! Did they like the presents you took over? Post pictures - I can't wait to see. Thinking about you always, lots of love, Mom

Relish said...

Hey, beautiful place. Its totally spectacular. I wanna know how you communicate with your siblings, like do you point at stuff or what? Are you excited for school, when does it start over there? Are the kids trying to learn English while you try to learn Danish? How's the food, have you made any Danish Sweets yet? How's the shopping.. wow, it must be groovy beyond this world. Hugs and Smiles...

Megra said...

I'm also curious about the language thing...do you know enough to like say good morning or whatever? Wow...you're actually a foreign exchange student now...