Saturday, August 30, 2008

En Dag, En Uge, og Et År

So for a little update. I have fixed my mp3!! My camera is still gone, but I have been able to barrow one and will get some new pictures up soon.

School has been going good. I have friends and have enjoyed the freedom that comes with being a teenager in Denmark. Everyday after school I walk to shopping street and shopping center. Things are expensive but I try to look for the sales plus I usually see people from my class there. The excersice is great! Come monday I will start language school (sprog skole). From there every monday and wednesday I will attented language school from 14.15 to 16.45. It is exciting to finally get some formal instruction on the language I am surrounded by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will be for 11 months.

I have found that there is a lot of free things offered in Denmark to the people. In fact if you continue past elementary school (grades 1-9) and you are over the age of 18 the government actually gives you money. I recieved a flyer for what they call a Ungdomsskole which is in english a youth school. They offer a long list of activities for people my age. Some of the things are acedemics like math, others are sports, and general interestes like hiking and design. So why should I not do something fun like that, its free after all? Well, I signed up for it and not just for something boring like hiking or camping or photography, but diving! The course doesn't start until 21. of October, but I still can't wait.

It seems like my calender will be filling up soon. I will have language school after gymnasium every monday and wednesday. Come october I will have the diving classes on tuesdays and fridays alternating. So what next? Well I found a riding school in Egtved (7 km from me) that offers jumping and dressage lessons. Compared to the states the prices are pretty cheap as far as lessons. It costs 210 dkk to be a member, and you have to be a member to ride and then only 250 dkk a month for a lesson a week. So if you care to know what that is in USD just divide by 5. They also offer two lessons a week for 460 dkk a month. For now I will do a lesson a week, but maybe do two lessons a week to do both dressage and jumping. I have inquired so far about lessons so that is a maybe. A sure thing is swimming. There is a sports center in Vingsted (about 5km north east of me) that has an olympic size pool. It is a little on the expensive side, but I think I'm going to start swimming once a week. There aren't like gym memberships but punch cards. For now a 10 time punch card will do and thats around 250 dkk I think.

What more else could I do?? Well nothing for now. Actually it's a beautiful day so I think I will go for a bike ride, maybe get some more pictures of Rugsted and actually do a post on the tiny village I live in.

As for point standing the 50 points is awarded to Aunt Donna who knows that Another Brick in the Wall is a song by Pink Floyd. 10 points to the person who tells me what the title of this post says.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, the title says: One day, one week, and one year.
But Im cheating since Im danish (:

Anonymous said...

Uh, the title says: One day, one week, and one year (:
And yes, Im cheating since Im danish.
Nice blog, Jen.

Masser af kram fra Hanne!