Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Holidays - a little R&R

Holidays are wonderful things. They provide ample amounts of time to recoup from the day to day strain today’s society puts on us. It brings times of travels and adventures alike, but also sees through those lazy-about days. My month long, yes I said month, holiday provided me with; (d) all of the above. I’ll give y’all a recap.

Week 12 (7 days):
This was Rebbecca, my cousin’s, visit. She arrived on a Saturday morning and slept (along with talked with her friends on Facebook/Skype) he day away. We proceeded to entertain a work and play holiday complete with a day at my school and various trips to outlying areas and cities. On that list of places visited include Århus, Aros, Esbjerg, Ribe, Vejle, Jelling, and København.
Week 13 (5 days):
In all honesty, I did nothing. Well, nothing would constitute sleeping till 10 and lounging about in my PJs all day. I didn’t do nothing. Actually, I attended a school called Juelsminde Folkeskole for the better part of the week where I imparted to the 10th grade students my English (lang.) and American knowledge. I also ‘got to know the students’.
Week 14 (5 days):
The great week of Prague, as I’m calling this week. I had the rare opportunity to travel to Prague with the 10th grade of Juelsminde Folkeskole (hints the ‘getting to know the students’). There aren’t enough words in the English language to adequately describe this city and my experience. I just wish I wasn’t as sick as a dog through the whole thing.
Week 15/16 (9 days):
This would be Easter holiday and it was spent in England. I came home to wash my clothes only to pack right back up and head out again. As was artfully put by my Aunt Geraldine, it was a holiday with old people visiting old things. I wouldn’t have had it any different. I had the opportunity to see Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, the city of Bournemouth, Corfe Castle, Wimborne Minister, the Kingston Lacy House, the English country-side, and of course my family.

Also, note the addition of pictures and my updates. My Google problem has been fixed! I’ll proceed to catch all of my loyal readers up, eventually. I have a month to talk about – patients, it will take time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!!
That's so neat that you've visited places in England that I've also been to! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying having my sister/your mom closer by. We're all meeting for Mom's Day this Sunday then hopefully planning to go to Orlando soon and see Karen's new apt.
Thinking of you!
Aunt Donna