Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Box

Today I got my first care package. Its really great to get something from time to time. Who doesn't like to get mail?? In honor of the wonderful American holiday of Halloween (okay, so its not American but the way we exploit it, it might as well be one) my box contained some Halloween M&Ms and some Halloween socks. I also recieved a new bathing suit, which I seriously needed, and some goggles, which I also needed along with some other basic things like the nice shampoo and conditionor that I use back home. It's not that Danmark is some hick country without shampoo and conditioner it's just that things here are soooo expensive that I've turned into a el-cheapo here. I buy the cheapest stuff I can find that won't completely kill my hair and I don't buy conditioner. This is a treat!

To all of you out there that want to know if I need/want anything from the states or aren't sure about gifts or whatever, I'll make it easier for you and just go on ahead and tell you.


  • Scarves (did I mention that I also got this wonderfully beautiful, soft and warm one)

  • Peanut Butter!!!!!! (small jars, nothing huge)

  • Smelly candels (Danes don't believe in having candels that smell... at all)

  • Money (It sounds petty, but things are very expensive here and what we use in Denmark isn't used or isn't fashionable in the States and I also want to take some trips which costs me train and bus fees)

  • Cards!!! Postcards!!! Post in general!!! (Don't have my address?? Please email me for it for security reasons. My email is jmoore_92@yahoo.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Aunt Donna here, I do read you blog regularly, enjoying it immensely! How are you doing with your new host faily? What are they like? How is school, etc, etc.
We're all fine, watching the Rays in the WORLD SERIES (baseball) right here in St. Petersburg. I can't believe our team is in the World Series!! Of course, Papa Fred got tickets to the first game. Gerald and I are watching from our couch with hotdogs and ice cream sundaes.

I'll email you for your address (or email me at catdogvet@verizon.net) so I can get a care package out soon!
love ya and take care!!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Kyle's dad in Ohio. Wanted to let you know how much we enjoy reading your blog. It makes us feel more like we know what it's like over there for Kyle and all you intrepid voyagers in Denmark and around the planet. Keep up the good work. The pics are great too. And forgive me if I don't send you any peanut butter. We did however just send Kyle a case of root beer extract so he can brew up some real Ohio root beer. Go visit him and I'm sure he'll share.

jj.moore said...

Mr. Shriver, Thanks so much for reading my blog. I'll have to let my parents know that you found reading others' blogs helpful so they can look at Kyles and the such. I forgive you for the peanut butter, and I've already signed myself up for some root beer. It happens to be my favorite pop!

TheOhioCyclist said...

Okay, Have a go at my root beer... In fact lets through a root beer party some time.. I will brew like, 50 liters of it and we can just rok out!